Thursday, September 9, 2010

Technophobe

Dear Followers

I’m grateful to you all for hanging in there with me. I feel I’ve not even scratched the surface yet. But I need to add a technical post today.

I am what is known in marketing terms as a “late adopter”. That is, I am not going to race out to get the iPad the day it is released (or a month after in NZ’s case), or be the first to sign up for Facebook back in ’07, or even get a mobile phone brick back in the early ‘80s. I am hopelessly inadequate when it comes to technology.

So setting up this blog was a huge step forward, and surprisingly easy. Blogspot was the engine of choice on a few blogs I had been reading, so I went to it and was up and running within a half hour.

Now, a couple of months into it, I am exasperated beyond belief by the software. Firstly, it does not allow me easily to inform followers of a new post, and as I understand it, you may have to go through a series of log-ins to see if I have posted anything. Secondly, one reader tells me that the comments at the end of the posts are not showing up yet another tells me they are. And finally, stuff like RSS feeds, is doing my head in, so I can’t imagine how it is going for followers.

If you want to know what posts you have missed, just click on the subscribe button at the bottom of each post. To email you to let you know I’ve posted – well this step has me flummoxed. Bear with me and I’ll do what I can to set this up.

In this day and age, such simple stuff should be easy for you and me. I am sorry if it’s not. I’ll keep working on it – into the early hours of the morning, waiting for the door to open. Let me know if you can’t see comments or if there’s anything else you’ve noticed about the technical aspects of this blog.

Yours in technical purgatory

2amClubClaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment