Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Storm in the Morning, then a Rainbow Appears


I went out last night to the movies, a rare ‘cheap night out’.  My nephew was staying at home with T2 and T3.  T1, still charging on a high after his fuel injected breakfast (see “Breakfast Specials” post) was off out to…. wherever.


I had a great evening with friends and I was home at a time that was well within T1’s inconsequential curfew hour.  I had a nice chat with my nephew, then sighing (rather dramatically in retrospect) I muttered woefully (it seems now) that hoped I wasn’t in for another long wait into the small hours of the morning until T1 came in.  He brightly responded:

“Sorry, I forgot to mention that T1 got in about 10, and he just went straight to bed”!!


I was gob smacked. 


T1 at home in bed before 2am in the weekend?? Bed for me before 2am??  

Dammit, nothing to moan about in my new blog? 


There had been a nasty storm in the house that morning, and then a rainbow appeared.

He iti hau marangai e tū te pāhokahoka - first comes the light wind, carrying rain, then comes the rainbow.

I slept long and well last night: wishing all parents peaceful sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment