Monday, September 11, 2017

In my thousands of hours of social media scanning, dipping and diving between XFactor-must-watch videos, petitions on refugees, life hack cleaning tips, lost maimed or cute cat stories, friends' holiday snaps in Croatia/Myanmar/Bali/India, not once have I read a post about what to do when you are about to go to Court to support your child in a trial, the result of which could be being found not guilty by jury or guilty and facing time in prison.
So, I decided I'd better write that post myself.

Except I have ten minutes before heading into court.
So here's the run down::
1. Tissues but not too many because I won't be crying today
2. Feed other son a healthy breakfast and provide him a huge lunch. It made me feel in control of something
3. Conservative and smart clothes. Wear pounamu and take mum's brooch. Oops not that, it might be deemed a weapon. Take her pen instead.
4. Accept support from family
5. Text T1 (now Twenty something, not Teen anymore) but not too over the top: I'm here, always will be and I love him.
6. Deep breath.

With love to any parent reading this, cos this shit is hard and s whole lot more complex than this blog post typed on my phone outside the Court house.

No comments:

Post a Comment